Some nifty tricks and fun things to do with Google Now
Google Now is one of the best features to come to Android. It can be a huge help sometimes and often people are underestimating. It is really feature rich and you can actually do a lot of task very easily without even touching the display. Here in this article are some of those most helpful and funny things which can be done using Google Now. You can make it listen to what you say by just opening it up and saying “Ok Google Now”. Then say whatever you want to say to it.
Please note: Not all of the below commands works with all the regions and languages.
Google Now commands:
- Ask “What song is that” while the song is being played and it will reply you with the song name.
- You can set alarm by saying “wake me up at 9 AM” or “wake me up in 6 hours”.
- Setting the reminder is also easy. Just say remind me to visit techtuft.com at 10 o’clock.
- You can set the timer by saying “set the timer for 46 minutes”.
- For navigation you can tell something like “drive me to the nearest McDonald’s”.
- You can tell it things like “My brother is Chris” “My dad is John” “My mother is Sue” “My wife is Julie” etc.. Once you’ve set the nicknames like this, you can say “text my wife” or “call my dad” without having to further specify.
- Define “anything you would like to get an explanation”.
- “Okay, Google … How do I say in Spanish, ‘I need a doctor’?” will translate it for your and will talk it out for you to make things easier.
- Saying “play some music” will start playing the music in your Google Music app
- Say “take a picture” or “record videos” to open up camera.
Now some fun stuff and Easter eggs:
- Do a barrel roll
- What is the loneliest number?
- How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
- Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right
- What does the fox say
- Make me a sandwich!
- When am I?
- Who are you?
- How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
- Beam me up, Scotty!
Have anything to add, be sure to do that by commenting below.